How to configure the Tp-link range repeater by WPS button?
The WPS (wifi protected setup) connection between the Tp-link repeater and the wireless repeater is the most convenient and time saving method of getting your router and repeater device interconnected for better wifi range. Let us show how this WPS connection between the router and repeater device is done.
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to get the extender device setup done.
- First of all, unbox your TP-Link range repeater from its packing and plug the repeater device into a power outlet near your wireless router.
- It is presumed that your wireless router’s power supply is on and it is stable also.
- After a few seconds, your TP-link repeater will also be stable, now push the WPS button on your wireless router.
- Immediately, press the WPS button of your TP-link range repeater. It is very important to note that the WPS button on your range repeater should be pushed within 2 minutes after pressing the WPS button on the router.
- The WPS LED will be blinking on the router and the WPS at first, but after pushing the WPS button, these WPS LEDs should get stable indicating the successful interconnection between the router and the repeater device.
- Once the WPS LEDs on both the devices are stable, it indicates that the TP-link range repeater is added to your existing wireless network and the wireless range of your router is enhanced.
How to configure the TP-link repeater if needed?
Although after the successful interconnection between the router and the repeater device, it can be used as such. But if you need to modify any settings on the extended wireless network, you will need to access the setup web page of the Tp-link repeater through www.tplinkrepeater.net. This web address provides the user to various admin level changes of the router like limiting the number of users, changing the SSID, Security modification of the new enhanced wireless network etc.
How can the user copy and use the same configuration settings on the TP-link repeater as that of the wireless router?
While setting up the wireless connection between the TP-link range repeater and the existing wireless network, there is an option of “clone the router settings on repeater” or something like that (varies according to the repeater/router model).
The user just needs to click that “clone the settings” tab and all the existing settings will be merged with the new extended wireless network. If there is some other configuration required, then access the admin control page of the TP-LINK repeater via tplinkrepeater.net or through its IP address.
The extender device will broadcast the same SSID as that of the wireless router and the same security key and security type will be set up for the new extended wireless network. This means that a new wireless network will be broadcasted in the wireless networks section with the same SSID as that of the router with a _EXT suffix.
Some of the TP-LINK range repeater models are listed below.
- TP-link N300 Wi-Fi extender
- TP-Link AC1200 Wi-Fi extender
- TP-Link AC2600 extender
- TP-Link AV1000 Mbps Power line Extender
- TP-Link AC1750 Wi-Fi extender
- TP-Link AC1900 Dual-band extender
- TP-Link AC1900 touch screen extender
Is it possible to connect a TP-link repeater to the different brand router?
Yes, the users are at liberty to connect their TP-Link range repeater to the router of any other brand. The TP-link range repeaters are compatible with all the wireless routers of different brands.
How do we know if our TP-Link repeater is positioned in the best place?
This was earlier quite a tough task to locate the optimum position for the TP-Link repeater. Nowadays, the TP-link range repeaters come with the positioning LED that indicate the best position where the TP-link repeater can be kept for optimum wireless signals.
If the Right-hand side arrow LED is red, then you need to move your repeater device a bit towards the right side and vice versa. When both the positioning LEDs are stable green, then your TP-Link repeater is at its optimum place and will deliver the optimum enhanced wifi signal coverage.